Wednesday, May 15, 2013


The Beginning 
Hi Everyone,
            In the Pagan/Wiccan community, I go by Hano or Hano Tawodi.  This is the first time that I am attempting to blog, so I apologize for the lengthy introduction.  I tend to talk a lot but I think it is important that I introduce myself to any potential readers and the reason for starting this blog. 

            I have been a practicing Pagan/Wiccan for 13 years.  However, that is only the official count from when I made the decision to practice and distinguish myself from the religious roots of my childhood.  I am a Green Craft Traditional Wiccan (Green Craft originates from Belgium) and a member of a Unitarian Universalist Church.  For right now, I will leave out my particular journey leading up to and through my spiritual and religious exploration of Paganism and Wicca.  However, as this blog unfolds those stories and connections will be told.  This leads me to the reason I am starting this blog.

            Last year, I decided after searching deep within myself and talking with friends that I need to explore the path of religious/spiritual leadership.  I have explored this idea before but never seriously.  For years, good friends have told me to think about becoming a Chaplain, specifically in the military.  During that time, I lightly thought about the idea then shrugged off as I pursued other endeavors.  This all changed in 2012 and I began to think about this calling a little more seriously.  I started listening to the signs and messages from the Gods telling me my next journey in life is to follow the path of religious/spiritual leader.  Therefore, this blog is going to serve several purposes.

            The main purpose of my writings is to write and talk about my journey of attending the UU seminary.  I will be discussing topics raised by the courses I study and my spiritual/religious practices.  There will be explorations into what it means to be a UU Pagan and combining it with my Wiccan tradition.  Therefore, I will be sharing experiences related to Pagan/Wiccan rituals and practices along with sharing experiences in the Unitarian Universalist faith. 

            Although I am attending classes at the seminary currently, I am also waiting for official admittance into the school.  I am hoping to be an official seminarian soon.  In addition to this, I am working on getting into shape so that I can become a Military Chaplain.  On a side note, it is a good idea to pursue getting more fit and trim anyway. 

            I will close for now. I hope you enjoy the picture I have included. I took this picture outside of Phoenix, AZ about three years ago during an eight-hour horseback ride.  I will try to include a different picture each time I write, but sometimes I might fall short of this. Until next time, may you walk in peace.

Take care,
By Hano Tawodi

No comments:

Post a Comment